Find WordPress Hosting, Theme & Plugins Easily As you browse various websites, you might notice an attractive and elegant design of the template used on that blog, or you may be intrigued by the unique way products are displayed on an e-commerce store. You might wonder about the factors that enable the site’s pages to load quickly, and this is likely due to the quality of the hosting being used.
Also Read: WordPress Plugins
Find WordPress Hosting, Theme & Plugins Easily
If you wish to know the technical details about a website’s hosting, theme, and plugins being used, you can follow these steps:
- Use Technical Checking Tools: There are several online tools available that help you gather some technical information about a website. You can use tools like “BuiltWith” or “Wappalyzer” to review available information about the site’s hosting, theme, and installed plugins.
- View Page Source: You may have a basic idea about the design used on the site, and you can view the page source of the website to discover some information. Right-click on the website page and select “View Page Source” or “View Source Code,” and a new page containing the website’s code will appear. You can search for information such as the theme name or the plugins being used.
- Direct Communication: If you want more accurate information, you can directly contact the website owner and request the technical information you’re interested in. There might be a “Contact Us” page or contact information available on the website.
To confirm whether a website is using the WordPress content management system, you can follow these steps:
- Check for WordPress Tags or Footers: Sometimes, clear indications of WordPress usage are inserted in website links or footers. You might find phrases like “Powered by WordPress” or the WordPress logo. However, note that some website owners may hide these indications for design reasons.
- Inspect Website Code: You can view the web page’s code by pressing Ctrl + U in your web browser. Then, search for “wp-content” using Ctrl + F. If you find this phrase, it strongly indicates the use of WordPress as the content management system.
- Use CMS Discovery Tools: There are numerous free online tools that enable you to discover the content management system used on a website. You can use tools like WhatCMS, CMSDetect, or SERanking. Simply input the website’s URL into the detection tool, and it will easily determine if WordPress is being used.
With these steps, you can generally confirm whether a website is using the WordPress content management system.
How Can I Determine the Hosting of Any WordPress Website?
To determine the hosting used by any WordPress-based website, you can follow these methods:
- Use Available Discovery Tools: There are several free online tools that allow you to discover the hosting used on a specific website. For example, you can use tools like WPBeginner Tool or BuiltWith. Simply input the website’s URL into these tools, and you’ll receive information about the hosting used.
- Check DNS and Whois Information: You can use DNS and Whois services to uncover hosting information. Visit websites like whois.com and enter the website address into the search field. You’ll obtain detailed information about the service provider and hosting details.
- Direct Communication with Website Owner: If you want more details about the website’s hosting, you can directly communicate with the website owner and request information. There might be a “Contact Us” page or contact information available on the website.
Note that some website owners might hide hosting information or use intermediary services like Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), which can make it difficult to pinpoint the hosting accurately.
Exploring the Theme Used in WordPress Websites
In the previous point (WpBeginner), we mentioned an add-on that is also capable of discovering the theme used on a specific website. You’ll find several other tools that provide the same information, which makes it easy to identify the theme name with minimal effort.
If the above tools are unable to determine the theme used, you still have the opportunity to discover it manually. Just enter the website’s source code – accessed through (Ctrl + U) – and then search for “Theme Name.”
Please note that this translation takes into account SEO rules and English language standards, aiming to retain the meaning and intent of the original Arabic article while ensuring readability and compliance with English writing conventions.
Understanding Plugins Used in WordPress Websites
The best way to achieve this is by relying on the tools available across most websites on the internet. We will now introduce you to BuiltWith, which is one of the most powerful of these tools. It will make the utmost effort to identify the plugins used in those websites specifically. Additionally, it provides information including site data such as email service provider, domain server, Content Delivery Network (CDN), Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, and more. There are also other tools like WpPluginChecker and WpDetector.
Furthermore, you can also inspect the website’s source code, which will allow you to discover some of the plugins utilized by the specific site. Using the same steps mentioned earlier (Ctrl + U), you can now search for “wp-content/plugins” and you will see some of the plugins used there.
Remember that installing numerous plugins may lead to slower page loading times. Therefore, not every plugin used by competing websites should be installed directly. You should first study the purpose of their use and whether they will provide genuine added value to your site. If you can replace them with manual code, that would be better. For example, instead of installing a plugin to add “Google Analytics” to your “WordPress” platform, you can do it manually, which would be preferable.
How Can These Tools Be Beneficial?
The aforementioned tools offer numerous benefits and use that you can take advantage of. Here are some potential uses:
- Protecting Intellectual Property Rights: If you discover someone violating your website’s intellectual property rights without permission, you can use these tools to identify the hosting provider they are using and communicate with them to explain the situation and warn them about the violations. Intervention and pressure on the hosting provider may lead to the violation being stopped.
- Competitor Analysis: Studying competitors is essential in market analysis. By using these tools, you can identify competitors and explore the software techniques they rely on for their websites. This information will help you understand the movements and strategies of the competition, such as investing in powerful plugins or using high-quality hosting. This will provide you with a comprehensive view of the environment in which you will compete.
- Verifying Developer Credibility: For beginners and those without web development experience, these tools can be very useful for verifying the credibility of the development company that built your website. You can verify the claims made by the developer regarding the hosting used for your site.
- Privacy Protection: If you place special importance on the privacy of your business activities and wish to conceal certain information, you can use these tools to determine whether your site’s data is accessible to the public or not. This gives you the opportunity to take necessary measures to protect your privacy.
- Identifying Competitor Strengths: During competitor analysis, you may discover that a competitor’s website is experiencing slow loading times. If this site is using the same hosting service you intend to use for your e-commerce store, you may have the opportunity to avoid the slow loading issue faced by your competitor.
Despite the ease of obtaining some of this information, discovering all the installed plugins on a specific site may be challenging at present. If you are interested in a specific plugin used in a particular store, but the available information is limited, you can directly contact the site’s support through the “Contact Us” page to obtain more information.